Thursday, August 8, 2013

My first baptisms in Mozambique

Week 12—8/5/13


“These were my first baptisms in Mozambique!!”

Hello Everyone!!

Once again, I'm sitting here to write you all a letter. It feels like just a couple days ago I was writing you a letter last week. Time is going by super-fast here too! 

Yesterday was really good, but not exactly as we had planned on last week. Gomes was called to work in Nampula for the weekend for an emergency (he works for the power company), so the marriage didn't happen on Saturday. But they will be getting married on Wednesday and baptized either right after, or on this coming Saturday. They have 3 children also getting baptized. 

My first baptisms
So yesterday we had the baptism of Candido and Marcia and their two children, Igor and Milena. I baptized Candido and Milena, and Elder Seoane baptized Igor and Marcia.

These were my first baptisms in Mozambique!! This past week has been pretty rainy, but it was nice yesterday, thankfully. And the water in the baptismal font wasn't too cold. We did the baptism in the afternoon, after church, it was still nice. The pictures were taken by Rema, one of the young men here. He's a ward missionary and he walks with us on Sundays as we contact and teach lessons.


Milena and Igor with Elder Rebollo 

Elder Rebollo and Candido















Our newest members in Quelimane 
Elder Soeane and Igor



The family and some church members











Marcia being baptized

















Anyway, everything else this week was pretty average. The upside of this is that we have our 2 families getting baptized here at the end of the transfer. 
The downside is that now that they're getting baptized we have no families that are really progressing well, so we need to find a lot more. That means that we'll have to do a lot of contacting this week and visiting families that we've taught before that aren't progressing and seeing what can be done to help them.

Church yesterday was great, I enjoyed it; testimony meetings are always nice, I get to hear the amazing testimonies from many here in the branch. The members here are really strong and have strong testimonies even though the majority of them have been members for less than a year. I'm glad to hear that more missionaries from our ward are going out pretty soon.
Where are Kyle and Evan going?

It's nice that you are having fun there. To answer your question Jacob, yes, I do see cockroaches sometimes. But not too many this time of year since it's cooler. I'll be seeing a lot more bugs when the hot rainy season comes.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that all is well back home! You know I love you all and can't wait to hear from you again next week!



Elder Rebollo






No comments:

Post a Comment