Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Fom Elder Rebollo in Mozambique, Africa: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Week 32--12/23/2013


Hey Everyone! 

I'm excited to talk to you guys on Wednesday. I hope you make it to LA, which would be fun for you to be around more family.
Jacob, I can't wait to see and hear you on Christmas! That's cool that you had a recital for piano. You're on Christmas break now, I hope you have a good couple weeks of being at home. You've been singing a lot this Christmas, haven't you? We all sang for a Christmas program yesterday too. It was pretty good.
I know everything will work out fine on Wednesday with Skype, I wouldn't worry about it. I guess you guys already know, but 19:00 here is 9:00 in California. I wouldn't want you guys to get confused with the time haha. 
It has been snowing a lot this winter! That's nice, I wish I was there to see it. Make sure you go sledding or tubing sometime, take advantage of the snow. I'm guessing it's probably been pretty cold over there too. It's super-hot here today! It really does not feel like its Christmas time. 

The Christmas zone conference is tomorrow in the Matola chapel. The missionaries from some of the outside areas, like Quelimane are also being flown in to be at the conference. It should be pretty fun. I hope to have a chance to see my old companion elder Heaton and ask about the people, and how things are going over there and all the adventures!  The conference will be all day from 8am until 8pm, and lunch and dinner will be provided.  

On actual Christmas day, there isn't any gathering planned, but on that day we will just relax at home all day until night when we'll go to the office to do Skype. So the first three days of this week is pretty much like a little break for us, it's nice. I can't believe we're at the end of the year already! And my birthday is just a little over 2 months away. I'm thinking, maybe you could hold off on the next package until May, which is my year mark and also the next time I get to talk to you guys.
 



 
On Saturday there was a church activity for the Matola and T3 branches, sort of like a big ward Christmas party. There was singing and dancing presentations given by the different branches, and there was food too. It was pretty cool. I took some videos of the dancing and I will try to send them after I send this email I hope it works!(note: Uploading video didn’t work) If not, I'll just send whatever pictures I have of it. Then the next day on Sunday we had the same Christmas program with the missionaries.  

Anyway, I hope everything goes well with your trip this week. I hope to see you guys from LA. I will see you all on Wednesday!

 Merry Christmas!!

Elder Rebollo

 
 
 
 Video link: Oh Holly Night
A Christmas recital in 2011 prepared by Joshua
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment