Friday, April 18, 2014

Another week in wonderful Mozambique

 Week 47 - 4/14/2014

“We had a total of 10 investigators at church, including 4 families (husband and wife)! We also had success working with members to help us teach. It really helps having a member present in a lesson to testify of the things we teach

Hey family!

I’m glad you had a good time in Moab. That is my favorite place, seems that you went to the most exciting parts of the park.  We have to go there again next year!

Anyway, this past week flew by, even faster than last week. It feels like I was writing to you just a couple days ago. It was a good week. It was weird having P-day on Tuesday, but I think that just made the week go by faster too. We didn't have any trips to the city or anything crazy, so we had good time to work in our area. Our investigators are doing well. This week we learned that Zaida's family doesn't want her to get married until December, because her father won't be able to be there until then. It's kind of a difficult situation, of course, because the bride's father should be there at the wedding. But if they wait to get married, they will be delaying the blessings that come from living the commandments and being baptized. We invited them to think about it and pray to know what they should do. They really want to be baptized and I hope they will end up choosing not to delay the wedding. But of course, it will be their decision and we have to respect their agency. But they are still progressing really well.  Now, Antonio and Anita are also making great progress too. Their documents are taking a little longer than we expected, but it's all good. They'll still be getting married and baptized next month. We found a new family this week that is really good: Sergio and Cecilia. We contacted them for the first time back at the beginning of February and taught them a couple of times, and then Sergio had to traveled to work for a couple months. This week he returned and we started teaching them again, and they came to church yesterday too. We had a total of 10 investigators at church, including 4 families (husband and wife)! We also had success working with members to help us teach. It really helps having a member present in a lesson to testify of the things we teach.
But yeah, it was a good week.  Next Monday I'll find out if I'm staying here or not. I do hope to stay, but of course I'll go where the Lord wants me to go. I’ve been on the mission 11 months can you believe that? I know you must be super excited to talk with me next month. I'm looking forward to it too.

I hope you have a good week getting back into the normal routine with work and school. I hope you have a good FHE tonight.  Stay healthy too.
I love you so much! Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts for me, they are really helping me!


Josh




No comments:

Post a Comment