Saturday, August 3, 2013

Another week in Quelimane and our families are making good progress


Week 11- 7/29/2013--Quelimane, Mozambique

 

“It’s nice to see our members here do FHE and read from the Book of Mormon and pray together as families.  I have also noticed that the members here are really strong in their faith.  This is a good example to all particularly to our investigators”

Querido Familia,

First of all my week: Things are going well still with our progressing families. Our two families are definitely on track to get baptized this next Sunday (8/4) after church.  In total 10 people will be getting baptized, the largest single baptism so far in Quelimane!

We have other progressing families, but their baptisms will probably happen later in August or September. I'm glad we are able to have this baptism coming up; it will be the last Sunday in Quelimane for my companion, Elder Seoane. He will be leaving on August 8, and I'll be getting a new companion.

Today we will be doing an FHE with Candido and Marcia together with a member family. We will be watching the Joseph Smith movie, in Portuguese of course.  It should be fun to spend time with them. We were going to do it yesterday, but the power was out for most of the day.

Sunday at church was great.  I'm getting better at the piano (keyboard) little by little. Like I said, I play from the simplified version, so it's not too difficult even for me that I never played piano. Other than those things, this past week was pretty normal. We spend most of the day either teaching our families the lessons or contacting. The weather has been really nice lately which is nice since we walk every were we go.
I've gotten a lot more familiar with the area; Quelimane isn't very big, so it's not hard to remember where things are. I have also been getting a little better with the language, so I'm not too worried about it; besides, I've only been here for a month.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well! The summer is going by so fast, it's already August! Tell everyone in the ward I say hi and that I'm doing well.

One more thing, it’s nice to see our members here do FHE and read from the Book of Mormon and pray together as families.  I have also noticed that the members here are really strong in their faith.  This is a good example to all, particularly to our investigators.

Love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Elder Rebollo

No comments:

Post a Comment