Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 24-- 10/28/2013


Dear family,

This week was good. We got all the documents together for marriage for Marcelino and Aida, and they will be getting married and baptized this coming Saturday! Aida's 11-year old cousin will be getting baptized the same day too. It's nice after a few months without a baptism; another family will be getting baptized.
The members of the branch always get excited when another wedding comes up. The Relief society is helping a lot; they are collecting donations from the members to pay for the wedding cake and drinks. During the week in addition to our normal work, we will be making sure everything is set up right for the wedding and baptism.
Other couples are doing well too, but they don't have firm dates for marriage and baptism yet, although we hope they can do so in the month of November. I'm excited to send you pictures of the wedding/baptism next Monday!
Also, next Monday is transfers. I will find out if I will be staying in Quelimane for the next 6 weeks, or if I will be moved somewhere else. I've been here since the 1st of July. I really like serving here in Quelimane.
Church yesterday went well; we had most of our investigators show up.  It is a great feeling when we see them come to church.  This week we will do all we can to find new families with potential so we can baptize them before the end of the year? Sometimes it is hard to do so because many lessons we set up with new people end up falling through either because they forget or we can't reach them to remind them because their phones are turned off or something. It's kind of annoying, but we'll keep working at it.

Anyway, I hope you guys have an awesome week! You know I love you all, as always! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers all the time for me. I look forward to your letters next week!

Until then, with love 
Elder Rebollo

PS: sorry if this letter is a little shorter than normal. I had typed up another, longer one, but it didn't get saved for some reason (usually it saves automatically as I'm writing) so when I closed the window for a few minutes, I came back and saw that my email hadn't been saved, and I didn't have time to rewrite everything over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment