Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Very hot, lots of rain and tons of mosquitos

Week 31--Dec. 16 2013 from T3

"On Saturday we had a baptism of one of our investigators: Dercio, a 16-year old boy who lives next to a member family"


Hey everyone!





I'm glad you guys had a nice week. Wow, it has been cold over there! Yesterday was really hot and humid. Today is cool and overcast, which is nice. We are now in the rainy season. It rains about every other day, but not usually too much. Today was transfers. Nothing changed for me. I and Elder Bender will be here for another transfer. I'm glad about it, it's always a hassle when there are changes and you have to start over in a new area or a new companion.
Next week is Christmas! I still do not know the details the call to you guys, but I know it will be on the 25th, Christmas day. I will be calling from either the mission office or president's house. I will probably be calling in the morning, like 9 or 10 Utah time. We will have about 40 minutes to talk. I still need to give you more details. I will know all about it maybe later today or next Monday for sure. Just make sure you have a good setup with a computer and webcam that works.
This past week was fine. Our investigators are doing well. Alfredo and Laura will be getting married probably in about a month from now. We have another investigator family that has potential to get married and baptized next month. 




On Saturday we had a baptism of one of our investigators: Dercio, a 16-year old boy who lives next to a member family. Elder Bender baptized him and I confirmed him the next day at church. Another young man got baptized the same day. It was a nice little service. It was hot that day that I joked saying I wish I was the one who baptized so I could have gotten in the water haha. We are doing alright with contacts and we are still finding new investigators, the work is good. I'm excited for this next transfer, I really want to find more 'golden' investigator families, and this will keep our success rolling in this area.


This is our church building in T3

There was the Christmas program yesterday in the Maputo chapel. It was pretty good. The first hour we watched the first presidency devotional and the second hour the missionaries sang and President and sister Kretly did a narration. We just sang normal Christmas hymns, but in Portuguese. President Kretly told me that they tried to find a cello for me, but they didn't find one. It's fine. I've already accepted the fact that I won't touch a cello again until I go home. At least I get to play and practice piano, this keep my music skills sharp.

Jacob, that's great that you're doing so good with piano and your choir. You've been singing a lot this week! I remember when I played cello at the old folks’ home and they fell asleep too haha! I hope you get most of the things you want this year on Christmas. That will be fun if you guys end up in California, you'll play with our cousins.
I still do not have your package, unfortunately. Hopefully by the time I talk to you next week, I will have received it. I pray nothing happened to it. Ok mom, I will answer all your questions now. at the grocery store I usually buy bread, meat, milk, pasta; normal stuff really. On the road I sometimes get bananas or apples. I haven't bought any clothes here so far, they're all holding up well. I wash my sheets every other week. My shoes are holding up well still. I don't see lizards in our bathroom. There are just a ton of mosquitos in the house. We do have clean up assignments in our house that we rotate and do every Monday.

Dad, thank you for always writing me encouraging words every week, I always like your messages to me. I would like to write a message to the ward, but with the other letters and pictures I have to send, I don't think I will have time. But tell everyone in the ward who asks about me that I'm thankful for their prayers for me and all the missionaries.
I hope you guys have a great week. I'm excited to hear from you guys next week on Monday and then talk to you on Wednesday! I have  a couple more pictures for you guys this week. I hope you guys like them! 

Ate logo,

Elder Rebollo

No comments:

Post a Comment