Tuesday, January 28, 2014


Week 37   1/28/2014


"It rained on Saturday and yesterday, and this morning. Right now though it cleared up and it's sunny. So I'm hoping all the large puddles will dry up quickly so we can get around our area easier. Walking around last night was difficult because many of the roads become impassable"


Hi guys!


I'm glad you guys had a good week and you've stayed healthy so far this winter. It is always great to hear that you go to the temple I'm really glad you guys do that, especially since the temple is so close. It's nice that you help Jacob  with his school work. Wow, I didn't realize some of those math problems are a little complicated especially for 4th grade. I don't think I would be able to do it by now, I bet I've forgotten a lot of stuff. Hopefully I won't forget how to play cello haha. But I don't think so, that's something I can never forget.

My week was good. It went by fast, as always. Things are going well with my new companion Elder Reed. He is from Logan and graduated high school in 2013. He plays piano, so he'll be playing here at church. We still have a little electric keyboard at the house, so I still practice every once in a while.

Our investigators are doing well. Alfredo and Laura will be getting married and baptized on the 22nd of next month, along with a few other couples. It should be a nice big wedding on that day! I hope the weather will cooperate as well. It has been raining lately. It rained on Saturday and yesterday, and this morning. Right now though it cleared up and it's sunny. So I'm hoping all the large puddles will dry up quickly so we can get around our area easier. Walking around last night was difficult because many of the roads become impassable. But it wasn't too bad; we just visited a couple of members. 

The area we have to work in is huge! There are many parts that I've never walked in. There are also parts that Elder Bender never went to, and he was here for over 7 months! We went out to some of those parts this week. It was kind of fun getting to know the area better, even if we didn't always know where we were. But by doing so, we taught a couple new families this past week that have potential, so I'm excited to visit them again this week and see how they will progress. Church was good, we had over 170 people there, even though it was raining, so that was nice. The branch here is definitely growing! I hope soon we will see 200 people at church consistenly. I hope I can be here to see that.

I'll send you a list of things that you can send me on your next care package next week. Yeah, I think if you send it around the middle of February, it will get to me in about 3 months. But I've heard that sometimes they get here in a month, or even less. It just depends if you're lucky or not, I guess. But I don't really mind. I've basically forgotten that you've sent a package that I'm still waiting for. It'll be a nice surprise when it finally does get here, though.


I love you and miss you too, with the work always going on, I don't always think about back home, much, but I always miss it. But if the next 15 months go by as fast as the last 8, I'll be home before I know it. 

I'm glad you liked all the pictures I sent last week. I liked those pictures of Jacob, in his nice new suit!
Anyway, I hope this week will be a good one for you guys. Have a great week!
I love you sooo much, and miss you too! Until next week

Josh







No comments:

Post a Comment