Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 56-- Colder weather. Enjoying my time and the work here

6/9/2014

Hello family!

It’s great to be writing you again today, I like all those pictures you uploaded, everyone looks great!


Tell everyone in the ward that I said hi and hope they are doing well. I probably won't recognize half the ward when I get back, there are always people moving in and out of the ward. I want to thank the Adams for sending me the ward newsletter every month so I can keep up with what's happening and read the updates of the other missionaries in the ward.




I can't believe how fast the time is flying by. But I feel like I've been enjoying the work more lately. Each day I realize how short my time in my mission really is. So it doesn't do any good to dwell on the disappointments that happen. Being more positive really makes all the difference.

Anyway, this past week was really good. And I really can't believe I'm sitting here writing to you again already! On Monday night, Elder Zeca arrived along with another new Mozambican elder from Beira, Elder Cambarambe. He too was called to Angola and is waiting to go to the Brazil MTC. But yeah, Elder Zeca recieved his call back in December, but because of the visa problems for Brazil he got delayed in starting. Monday was his first day on the mission. He still doesn't have the visa, but it should be coming soon. He hasn't even been set apart yet because President Kretly was traveling this past week. So he doesn't yet have a nametag. But things are going super well with him. He is from the Beira Manga 1st branch. He helped missionaries a lot back at home so he already knows how to teach pretty well. I'm helping him get used to missionary life and things like that. We both like music a lot, so we have that in common. We are getting along great!

We had a good week of work. Sergio and Cecilia are starting their documents for marriage and hopefully will get married at the end of this month or beginning of the next. Manuel and Tina are doing well. They were having some problems last week, but are doing better now. They too should be getting married in the coming weeks. We found a good new family too, so we're happy about that. This past Sunday not many of our investigators showed up to church, the attendance in general was lower this week; maybe it was the weather.  It has been cold this week. It's not a good excuse to miss church, but it was probably a factor. It's especially cold at night.  These past few days I've been sleeping with the air conditioner off. I didn't think it was possible to feel this cold in Africa. At night it's probably about 50 degrees, but with the humidity it feels colder. I might have to start putting on my sweater; I haven't used it yet on my mission. But I definitely am enjoying the lower temperatures more so than the heat of a few months ago. You can actually walk outside for 10 minutes without sweating haha


Anyway we are also teaching a member family, Armindo and Adelina, to help them prepare for the temple. The lessons we had with them were really good. They really want to go to the temple within the next few months. We had an FHE at their house yesterday night. A lot of the youth were there too, it was nice. I just wish I would have taken a picture. Speaking of that, I will try to upload more pics today, if the computer will let me. A lot of times it's a hit and miss with these computers.

Just want you to know that I'm doing super well here and I'm feeling really great about the work in this area

I love you soooo much and wish you a great week!


Josh



No comments:

Post a Comment