Saturday, November 23, 2013

Adjusting to a new area, etc

Week 27 - 11/18/13


“I’ve already hit my 6 month mark on the mission this past week--Not much time left, only 18 months to go- Time has seriously flown by”


Thanks for your letters everyone! This week has gone by SUPER fast. I know I say that a lot, but this week really has gone by fast. I'm already in week 3 of this transfer, I feel like I was still in Quelimane just a few days ago. 
Things in T3 are going alright, but it's getting really hot here! It's getting colder over there, but here it's just heating up. I think most days are in the upper 30's (Celsius, so that's like in the 90's F) and it's humid! But I'm making sure to drink water, don't worry. And it's nice that we have AC in our house to come back to after walking around all day; although this week the power went out in our house for more than 24 hours. That night was pretty hot. But everything's good.

As far as the work goes, everything's fine. We don't have too many progressing investigators, so we really need to work hard at contacting and teaching new families. It's a little harder here, it seems like people don't have time during the week a lot, and lessons fall through a lot. But we're not getting discouraged by it.

It still is a little weird being around so many other missionaries.  I like it, but it's only annoying during lunch, because there's not too much room in the kitchen, and I have to wait longer for showers haha. We mostly make meals individually, but many times my comp and I have made lunch together. No mom, we don't have bikes or a car here, like Quelimane, unfortunately. But it's not that bad. We only use the chapas on P days to go do internet and shopping, and during the week if we're going to a part of our area that's too far to make it there in time walking. It costs 7mt for places close and 10mt for further places. They're more expensive than the bike taxis. And they can get super crowded. I don't know if you've seen pictures of them on google, but they really pack the people in there. You could be sitting in the chapa and it stops to pick up more people and you'd think that there's not enough room for more people, but they fit them in anyway -haha.
I don't really know how to describe my area. I've already been in Mozambique long enough; the only thing I can say is that it looks 'normal' haha. The difference here is that there are no mud huts, as I would occasionally see in Quelimane. All the houses are made of concrete or bricks. Only the main road is paved, all the others are dirt.
I don't think I mentioned this in my email last week, but I'm playing the piano here in this branch too! I got here and they said that no one plays piano during sacrament meeting, so I started playing. I didn't think I would continue playing piano after I left Quelimane, but I'm glad I am. I will probably start teaching it like I was doing over there too.

Wow, it is thanksgiving next week!  I can't believe we're already in the second half of November. I've already hit my 6 month mark on the mission--Not much time left, only 18 months to go. Time has seriously flown by. I hope it has for you too.  I will try to see if I can somehow arrange for me to get a cello somewhere in this city, and see if I can play some Christmas music.  I'll mention it to Mission President this week.
Anyway, I think that's about it for this week. I hope you guys have a good week, stay warm! I will try hard to stay cool -haha.
Have a good week! Love you all!!!!
Elder Rebollo

No comments:

Post a Comment