Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 65-- A Great Normal Week in Matola



Hi guys!

Thanks for your letters this week. It looks like you guys had a nice week, even though not much happened. Time is really flying, summer is over and Jacob will be back in school soon. Wow, I will be there before the end of his school year…hard to believe that I have been here for more than a year but it doesn’t feel like it.

This week was pretty good. On Tuesday I did a division with an elder from my district, Elder Palu. He is from Oakland, California. It was fun walking with him in his area and getting to know him and the investigators and members in his area. I think doing divisions with the other missionaries is my favorite responsibility of being district leader. I get a chance to know each of the elders in my district individually and be able to help them if they need it. On Wednesday we went to the mission office for a leadership training given by President Kretly. It was a really good training, he and Sister Kretly answered questions that we had about different topics. I always love hearing trainings from President Kretly.
For the remaining time  this week we did a lot of contacting and setting up lessons, and teaching lessons, we had appointments fall through, just all that normal stuff. We had a few problems having lessons with members present because every time we set up a time either our member or the prospective member was not able to attend. But it's all normal stuff for us. It could sometimes be tiring and frustrating, but we can't get too frustrated. We are still being very blessed. We have a good number of families that we are currently teaching and they are progressing well. We have the goal as a zone here in Matola to find and teach 5 new families every week. It's definitely not an easy task, but it's possible. I'm really enjoying the work here in Matola 1; it's going very well overall. And time is absolutely flying by! We have transfers again in 2 weeks from today! I'm pretty sure I'm staying here, since I just got here, but anything can happen. For now, I'm enjoying my time here.

Anyway, I love you and am super happy to hear that everyone is doing fine.

Have a great week,

 

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment