Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 67-- Another transfer! I'm staying in Matola


Hi family!

I really liked all your emails this week, it sounded like a really good week! I like hearing about all your new church assignments. It's a lot of responsibilities, and on top of that your job and home responsibilities. But like I said before you balance it all really well. That is something you will have to help me with when I get back and transition back to "normal" life.
I like that ice bucket thing you did with Jacob, it was really cool. 
 
So anyway, today (8/25) was a transfer day-Transfers! The most exciting day in a missionaries’ life.   Your prediction for me was right. I will be staying another transfer as district leader here in Matola 1 and I am getting a new companion. I will be training a mozambican missionary again, his name is Elder Caetano. I don't know anything else about him right now, but I'm excited to be working with a local or native companion again.

I'm happy to say that I am staying another transfer in Matola 1. T3 is also part of the city of Matola and the Matola zone on the mission, so that means that this is my 8th transfer serving in the Matola zone and living in the city of Matola. I wouldn't have ever thought I would stay in on area of the mission for so long. But I really love Matola. There are good people here and the church is growing. I'm excited to be working here for at least another 6 weeks.

Elder Keck got transferred to my favorite place on the mission...Quelimane! I'm excited for him to be able to go there and get to know the people I knew and baptized. There is also one more Mozambican elder to my district, but other than that the district didn't change too much. I'm excited for this transfer and the opportunity to train again. I can't believe how fast time is going by. Not to be counting down or anything, but I basically have 8 months left until I return. And 4 months from today is Christmas! And we'll get to talk one more time while I'm out here. 

This past week was pretty good. We worked and walked a ton and had some good lessons and we have good investigators. Daniel and Rosa are almost done with their marriage documents; they should be finishing up this week. We are teaching a few good investigators who are single, one is a single man whose wife recently left him, and the other is a single woman who is a university student. They are both very intelligent and excited for the Gospel and they should be getting baptized here in a few weeks. It's a little hard to find good new families and people to teach, but we're going to keep working hard at it. The branch here in Matola 1 is really strong. The attendance yesterday was 204. The district presidency is working with president Kretly and the area to divide the branches here in Matola in the coming months, so that is very exciting. 

I'm excited that Dad has the awesome opportunity to be on the high council and serve the whole stake. I know that you and Jacob support him so much and that is what helps him to be able to take on all his responsibilities. And all you guys support me so much too, and that is what keeps me going. The family is such a great support system; there is nothing else like it. I’m happy to have such a wonderful family you guys are great! Thank you for always being there for me. 

I hope you have a great week.  I look forward to next week when I hear more from all of you

Love,

Josh
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment