Saturday, August 23, 2014

Week 66 -- Working with othe elders this week


8/18/2014

Hello again!

This past week went well.  I worked three divisions this week-More than usual for an average week. Working with the other elders in those divisions was very rewarding and it was very productive; it was nice to meet the investigators in their areas. The areas where they work is very beautiful, it has a large river with a very nice bridge. I forgot to bring my camera, but I will take pics next time I go out there. 

On Tuesday, I walked with Elder Van Leuven in his area. He is from Idaho and has been out for about 5 months. On Wednesday, Elder Gomes, the zone leader here in Matola did a division with me in my area. Elder Gomes is from Cape Verde and will be going home next week. It was a very good experience. He is a very very good missionary and taught me a lot about the work and how I can be a better district leader.
On Friday, I did yet another division, this time with Elder Jemuce. He is from Marromeu, Mozambique, somewhat close to Quelimane. This is his first transfer, and he is here waiting for his visa to serve in Angola. It was also a very good day. Each time I do a division I learn something new and get new ideas about how to do the work. So because of all the divisions I only ended up working with my companion for about 3 days this week, which was kind of odd. But we got done a lot of good work in our area this week. We found two new families. One of the families, Daniel and Rosa, are a very nice couple and they want to get baptized. They just need a few more documents so they can get married; they agreed to be baptized the first week of October.

Transfers begin next Monday again, so we will see if there will be any changes for Elder keck and I. Only God Knows where he want us to be doing his work.  One thing is sure, this new transfer came very fast and we have done a lot of good work here these past few weeks. This area is good. It's a little difficult to find good investigators here, but we have been very blessed to find some success here. I hope the work continues to improve as it has been.

I love you a lot and I wish the best for you at work this week and getting Jacob ready for school. I always pray for all of you and the Lord always blesses you guys with health and happiness as a family, and I am really grateful for that. I can't wait to hear from you again next week!!


Love 

Josh




No comments:

Post a Comment